B.Sc. and M.Sc. from Ruparel College. (Mumbai University)
B.Ed. from Seva Sadan College of Education, Ulhasnagar. (Mumbai University)
M.Phil. from University of Mumbai. (Dissertation work at TIFR)
Teaching experience of total 39 years, which includes 5 years of High school teaching, 1 year in Jr. College and last 33 years in the degree college.
Retired as Head of the Department and associate professor of Physics at Smt. Chandibai Himmathmal Mansukhani college, Ulhasnagar.
- Currently, I am the President of Marathi Vidnyan Parishad, Ambarnath.
- Active worker for the cultivation of science in the society for last 35 years.
- Felicitated as “Adarsha Vidnyan Prasarak” in the Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Vidnyan Sammelan at Barshi in Nov. 2001.
- I have Worked as Observer (center in-charge) on behalf of T.I.F.R. for the National level Physics Olympiad exams at Kolkata, Banglore, Kanpur and Patna.
- Active and life member of I.A.P.T. (Indian Association of Physics Teachers) and I.P.A. (Indian Physics Association).
- Team Manager and Coach for Mumbai University Chess Team at All India Inter-University Tournaments for 10 years (1985-1995).
- Worked as chairman of Science Association In C.H.M. College for one year. Active member of Gymkhana committee for 33 years and Chairman of the same for 3 years.
- Designed, fabricated and assembled several scientific instruments and fascinating experiments in my own laboratory and workshop at my residence.
- Received Haribhau Mote award for creating the Best Science Teaching Aid in April 2000, at the hands of Dr. Vasantrao Govarikar.
- In September 2005, I was awarded “Acharyottam” (the best teacher) by The Education Society, Ambernath, at the hands of Dr. V. G. Bhide. (Ex Vice-Chancellor, Pune University)
- I have delivered more than 1850 lectures with demonstration of fascinating science experiments in various schools, colleges and other institutions at various places in India.
- On invitations I have given special stage shows for the Post-graduate level students and research scholars at various universities all over India. e.g. Banglore, Gulbarga, Kochi, Jabalpur, Goa, Pune, Chandigarh, Patna, Simla, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Anand, Baroda, Ahmedabad etc.
- I have conducted special stage shows of science experiments for the hearing and visually impaired students as well as for the handicapped and students with Intellectual disability.
- In Nov. 2002 at Gulbarga (Karnataka), I published two papers on the New Demonstration Experiments in Physics at All India Convention of I.A.P.T. and gave a stage show. One of the papers was selected as The Best Experimental Paper at All India Level for which I received a special prize.
- I published a paper on Vertical Spectrometer model at the Annual convention of I.A.P.T. at Jalandhar in Dec. 2003. In this convention I received the third prize at the National Competition for Innovative experiments in Physics.
- I received both the first and the second prize (Rs. 3,000/-) in the National Competition for Innovative Experiments in Physics in I.A.P.T. convention, October 2004, at Gwalior.
- I have worked as one of the judges for the National Competition for Innovative Experiments in Physics (NCIEP) conducted by the IAPT at Bhuvaneshwar and Jabalpur.
- Recently I have designed, fabricated and assembled several experiments for the visually impaired students. These experiments helped the students to understand basic concepts in Science.
These experiments were tested at :
Victoria memorial school for blind (Boys), Mumbai
Kamala Mehta school for blind (Girls) Mumbai
Pragati Andha Vidyalaya, Badlapur (Dist. Thane)
- Worked as a “Resource Person” at several workshops on “Experiments in Physics” for the Science Teachers at High Schools, Junior as well as Degree colleges at various places in India.
- I have written several articles on popular science topics and the innovative demonstration experiments in science in several magazines & news papers (e.g. Loksatta).
- Elected as a Member of Senate of Mumbai University from Science faculty for the period 2008-2010. From Senate I was elected as Member of Management Council of Mumbai University.
- I received the “Best Teacher Award” from Mumbai University on 15th Aug 2008 at the hands of Vice-Chancellor Dr. Vijay Khole.